Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Back at it Again with More Stress

 I enjoy being involved in many activities at my school. Being involved is one way to learn outside of the classroom.  One gets a chance to put themselves into problem-solving situations or try something “hands on.”  There are so many ways to get involved, and each has something different that it brings to the table. During senior, it’s became difficult to accomplish all of this. I found myself having a lot on my plate and became hard to manage all my work. College application did not help with my stress level either, only made it worst. If you think float is stressful, just wait for when it is your turn to complete your college applications.

If I had to describe my college application experience in one word it would be exhausting. I had to do a lot of all nighters trying to perfect my personal  insight question, in hope that one of these school will accept me. On top of all this stress, I also had study and do homework for all my AP classes.  I was constantly stressed out through this whole process and it does not have to be like this. When you start early, you can have time to carefully review your work and still be able to turn them in on time. Who ever tells you that senior year is easy… they are LYING to you.

The best advice I could give any upcoming seniors is to first get your CSU applications out the way. These applications are probably the easiest ones to accomplish. The UC personal insight questions are about getting to know your personality, background, and interests, thus require more work for one to be able to go in depth. It is best to start at least doing rough drafts during the summer and have your college counselor look at them early. The sooner the better! Learn from my mistake and do not start them the month they are due. Because of my procrastination, I have to now play catch up with all my missing assignments. I know this may seem very whelming, but all the hard work pays off at the end. Believe in yourself !

1 comment: