Tuesday, December 6, 2016

tips to make your senior year smoother

          So far, my senior year is a bit challenging for me. I am taking 2 AP classes that I had no idea what it was going to be about when I signed up. I am now in Leadership which requires me to plan school events and volunteer on weekdays and weekends outside of school. I am in 2 soccer teams as well and have practice every day. So of course, I am a productive student. If you're like me, just relax and everything will be okay during your college applications.
          For me, it wasn't as stressful as my friends had it. I only applied to 2 States so it was easy and I finished weeks before the deadline. The advice for you guys that I heard from my friends is to take time and thought;begin writing your essays in the summer because you will be writing 4 essays. As well, don't do it last minute because you will STRESS and get ANXIETY! It's good to know want you want to  major in or have some type of idea because when colleges see that, they will notice you're dedicated. However, it is completely normal if you don't know yet want you want to major. For me, I always wanted to be in the Health field so i put Pre-Nursing as my majors.
          Another important thing during college apps is doing your FASFA. This gives you money depending on your family's income for college. You first do your FASFA then do scholarships. Scholarships are sometimes ignored finding scholarships! A simple one is Richmond Promise. For this scholarship, you have to be a resident of Richmond and go to high school in Richmond. Other than that, the months during college apps will feel overwhelmed but after, it will be bitter-sweet and weight will be lifted off your shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment