Monday, December 26, 2016

Last Time Around


          Although first quarter was kind of difficult for me as I am still in summer mode and this happens to always be Leaderships most hectic season, I would say that this year is off to a great start. From the back to school dance, link crew, new block schedule, welcome back rally, club week and homecoming parade; I would say that so far this school year has brought a lot of new experiences and great memories. Seeing how this was only the beginning of the year and we've accomplished so much and there is still so much more to look forward to, I know this year is going to be a great one.
         The Welcome Rally was definitely a great start to the school year as it reunited the classes as a whole after our 2 month vacation apart.  I feel the rally really got everyone back into the swing of things, especially spirit wise. That was a good week for us as not only was that one of our best rallies but we also had a great amount of participation on the spirit days. We saw a lot of involvement from each of the classes and the amount of spirit being shown so early in the year was incredible.
          Club week was good as I noticed a larger variety of clubs present and many people were signing up. I recall one club even having a sign up sheet that was totally full front and back which was quite impressive. It was also a lot more organized compared to previous years as we had more of a structure set up. Although I think what was more successful was club day as it had a much more vibrant and positive environment as it did not take away from anyone's lunchtime so more people were outside to view the clubs and everyone just seemed so much more involved and focused.
          Lastly, Homecoming. I would say that after four long years its crazy to think we have just finished our last homecoming, last float, and last homecoming dance. Although the Seniors did not come out on top in regards to the whole float situation, I couldn't be any prouder of what we did accomplish and how far we've come as I can still remember our days as Freshmen struggling on even just separating the napkins. In consideration of how stressed we were trying to balance our SAT, grades, ACT, and most importantly our college applications, we pulled through and created a beautiful float and great rally placing 1st.
           So far this school year is going great and it has barely began. With so many more ideas and events coming in the future, I can't wait to see where it is going because I know it is going to be a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment