Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Procrastination and College Apps DO NOT Mix Well

     The whole college application process is not hard... but those 4-8 essays at the very end of those college apps take a lot of time. A mistake I experienced was waiting till the last few days to finish up my college apps. Some people, when they rush a homework assignment or project, the outcome is sometimes their best work. I am definitely not categorized with those people. If I rush any type of work, it will never be my best. I need to plan, brainstorm and create rough draft after rough draft in order to develop my best work.
     My advice to students who want to go to college, is this: PLAN NOW. Whether you are a Junior or Freshman, PLANNING is your best friend, not PROCRASTINATING.  You will want to research colleges so you get a better understanding of what colleges you may want to apply to. After that, you should research your major and make sure that the colleges you are interested in has your major. Next, finding scholarships is also a good idea because I know many of you young whipper snappers do not have $10,000-50,000, depending on which college you want to attend. My last piece of advice, is to find the prompts of essays (some college apps have them) and finish those essays as soon as possible, but also brainstorm, rough draft, and put a lot of thought in each essay. Do not fluff your essays. Be yourself when writing your essays. Describe yourself how you see yourself and not how others see you.
     Do not listen to Cindy Reyes. Do not breathe. Get on those college apps now! You need to have your eyes on the ball. Always stay focused. There is no rest until those college apps are finished. I still have flashbacks from the traumatizing experience of procrastinating and finishing my college apps last minute.

Just kidding about that last paragraph. Ya'll will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment