Friday, January 6, 2017

Chapter 2

               I have always heard the beginning of the year is the most stressful and busy time of the year. I rarely heard about anything after that. I didn't know what to expect, I wasn't nervous or worried, I was just relieved that the "stressful" time was over. 
               December was rolling around with all the best stuff : my best friend's birthday, my birthday, Tsunami Christmas, soccer season, leadership breakfast, the winter break, Christmas, and a new year. I was as happy as could be, ended quarter 1 with a 4.1 GPA and I felt pretty good. However, school started to really hit hard, especially with sports coming into play. I tried to do my work on time and to come to school but it felt like everything was working against me. The zeros and absences started to roll in. And instead of reaching out to my teachers I just allowed to let everything pile up. 
               To be honest Leadership does make it seem like junior year is all fun and games because you're behind the planning. I am in charge of the first boat cruise happening in years and I was so optimistic until everything was conflicting and I started to get discouraged. I shouldn't have let it get all jumbled up like this but thankfully I was saved. 
               Slowly but surely I pulled myself out this mess. I strategically placed everything in corresponding times. Junior year isn't too hard, you'll hit bumps in the road but don't keep speeding over them, slow down and learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment