Thursday, November 3, 2016

2016-Quarter 1 Reflection

     The first quarter here at De Anza has really pushed my stress limits.  I think the biggest issue I had was time management. With getting use to the new block schedule, being in an AP class for the first time, of course float, and other factors I really had my plate full. Besides stress, all those factors I've mentioned didn't really allow me to get much sleep, which eventually contributed to my stress.

     Besides the bad, good has came out of this first quarter as well. Compared to last year, the high  school experience has really changed for me. Because of leadership, my eyes have been opened to realize that building community and being involved in your school is very important. This opportunity has allowed me to contribute my efforts more in school events such as school rallies, dances, and other activities. Going back to near the beginning of the school year, leadership put on the Welcome Rally. I must admit it was a really exciting opportunity for me to get involved here at DA and get to know DA's culture a little bit more.

     The biggest event so far here at  DA was the Homecoming Rally/Dance. Honestly, both went very well and were very successful. A majority of DA seemed to enjoy the events that were held such as the parade, rally, and dance. Everyone seemed to have a great time watching clubs, sports teams, academies, and each class's floats come around the track. Also, the Homecoming Dance was a major hit. We sold more tickets than we expected and everyone seemed to have a fantastic evening. Even though leadership's blood, sweat, and tears went into these events, especially float, it was all worth it in the end. Truthfully, I can't wait to be a part of many more DA events this school year and witness the DA culture being spread around.


No comments:

Post a Comment