Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Being Involved

In the beginning of the school year I was a part of Link Crew. Link Crew is a freshmen transition program that helps welcome incoming freshmen and makes them feel welcome. I wanted to become a Link Crew leader because I wanted to  create a chain of kindness around my campus. When I was a freshman, I had a lot of speculation about high schools due to the rumors I have heard and really wish Link Crew was around my freshman year. I am fortunate to be part of the first class to be involved with Link Crew. I have created amazing bonds with my freshmen and have help them become more aware of the school. The most valuable lesson I learned as a Link Crew leader is that everyone can benefit from forming positive relationships with each other. This program has help me improved on my leadership skills and has changed my way of thinking. All these new qualities I have learned will be used to help out my leadership class this year.

The best event so far that Leadership has hosted would have to be the homecoming dance. I was part of the homecoming decorating team, it was stressful due to limited time we had. We mange to push through and finish with time to spare. The theme this year was Enchanted Evening; the gym was decorated with twinkling lights and mini trees as center pieces. The dance had a huge turn out, in fact it had the highest attendance De Anza has ever had. Everyone had a great time dancing the night away.

Even though this is my second year in Leadership, one would except it to be easier the second time around, that is definitely not the case.  Leadership is always busy, especially in the beginning of the school year. We have to get new officers for freshmen, attend float regularly, plan our first rally and then start planning for our homecoming rally/ dance. It seems as if the stress never ends. Do not be alarm, Leaderships is such an amazing class that I have been involved in. It gives one a thorough overview of the qualities of a good leader, while also allowing one to put these skills into practice in classrooms and community settings.





No comments:

Post a Comment