Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Past Quarter Events

   The past months have been quite hectic for the leadership class, with homecoming being the center of everyone's attention. From blood drives, to the dances, to the El Sobrante Stroll, to the rallies, to even Club Week, it has been a fun, yet different experience from past years. Nonetheless, as an individual, despite my classes and college related matters, I have managed to get through quarter 1. Hopefully, I can toil through the last three quarters of my high school career.

                                                       Tug of War: Wednesday Games

   As the year started, I knew that the beginning would be a challenge - with all the pending responsibilities including clubs such as MESA and Interact, along with leadership responsibilities, and also the ever so terrifying process of applying to college and taking the SAT. My expectations were absolutely correct - it would be the most challenging process. This fact proved to be true when it came to leadership responsibilities as well. With the following events like homecoming and Wednesday games, I try to do my part in helping. For instance, during float season, I tried to assist the underclassmen with their respective floats and be there as an additional support. Also, with Wednesday games, I, along with others, try to organize activities in the quad for people to play - although they have been rather simple, yet effective, ranging from activities such as Jump Rope, Tug of War, and Hula Hoops. Hopefully, we can arrange more games for everyone.


    Overall, I have high hopes for leadership as we move forward to the second quarter. So far, there is more organization in the class, which is an improvement from the last year I had been here. I also hope to input more of my ideas and comments, so that I can also do my part in contributing to the betterment of leadership and other organizations for the time to come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment