Tuesday, November 8, 2016

An Uplifting Experience

    What exactly does leadership do? How can being a part of leadership, give you an inside track on changing your school for the better? These are questions I had before I got excepted into leadership this year. But after about 2 1/2 months of being involved in leadership, I really feel as if I know my school inside-out. I know exactly what the spirit days are and what major events are going around at De Anza, which allows me to tell my peers so that they can get involved as well.
    To be honest, leadership can get very stressful, especially during rally weeks. But the feeling that I receive when I see my fellow peers getting involved is well worth it. Leadership has challenged me to work outside my comfort zone which has benefited me so much already. Truth be told, I thought that leadership class was going to be a waste of class, study hall, but it's so much more. Not only are we involved with everything that goes on at the school, we take pride and discuss every little detail because our vibe is be great or why do it.
   An additional amazing experience I've been blessed to be involved with in leadership is fundraising. I've never really put on a fundraiser by myself before because I didn't know how to do it. But with the guidance of Mr.Hillyer and our wonderful junior president Gladis Mendoza, I'm slowly learning how to guide an outstanding fundraiser. I've had so many wonderful experiences and learned so many life altering traits already, I can't wait to continue learning as this year goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment