Wednesday, November 16, 2016

A Senior Year's Start

Change is something that many people can agree is often necessary, but in practice, we are often very reluctant to embrace it. This is especially true when jumping into something head on with no prior experience. This next year, as I go through the college application process, take on new AP classes, prepare events for my senior class, and finally prepare to walk the stage in June, there are many changes that I know I will have to personally encounter,

I found that the general opinion among the school about the block schedule was the feeling of uncertainty. Not many of us had ever experienced a block schedule. I'm now in love with it. Not only do we have longer passing periods and lunches, but it's also easier to manage my homework now that assignments aren't due the next day.

Anyway, my last first quarter was definitely one of the most busiest and stressful I have ever been in my entire high school career. Between sports, float, AP classes, college apps, and scholarships, it would be an understatement to say I wasn't going a little bit crazy.

After the relentlessly torturous Homecoming process (with the rally, dance, and parade floats), Homecoming week finally arrived. Everything went very well. The dance was a success, the rally was well-maintanced, and all of the floats were absolutely gorgeous, reminding me of how I will miss this long-standing tradition of De Anza once I graduate. Shout out to the Juniors' float! They went above and beyond with their amazing float, and deserved the first place trophy! Now that's it's over, while I will miss a lot of things about float (like eating Mrs. Bordas' delicious cooking), I am relieved I will never separate a two-ply napkin, fold it in an accordion style, and scratch myself while trying to place it into chicken wire holes.

Moving on, I look forward to the rest of my last year at De Anza. I'm excited for all the activities we're going to be organizing not just for the school, but for my Class of 2017. The senior sunrise started off an exciting year of change and transition, and I can't wait to continue planning other events like Prom and Grad Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment