Sunday, November 13, 2016

Final Year

      It is incredible to think that this is my final year in Leadership. I have been apart of Leadership for four years now, and it is sad that it is all coming to an end now. However, I look back at the years and realize how much I've grown and found my leadership style. I have learned so much from my peers in the past. Now I can plan rallies, dances, spirit weeks, etc.

      Homecoming week, as usual, is very hectic for the Leadership class. Float for the seniors this year wasn't the best as how it has been in the past years. We may not have gotten first place, but I think what matters is that we came together and enjoyed our last all nighters, eating two for a dollar jack and the box tacos, going through the terrifying drive towards Sheldon, being afraid of the float falling to shambles, and getting cut by chicken wire one last time. It is important that we enjoyed those last moments together because for most of us that was our last time building a float. Homecoming week was full of stressful and rewarding moments. This year, I was able to plan the largest homecoming dance in De Anza History. Although it was stressful and definitely not as easy as I thought it would be, it was all worth it in the end. I believe that everyone enjoyed themselves and are now looking forward to more dances.

    Overall, the start of the year has been challenging for me. It has been hard trying to balance AP classes, homework, friends, family, and college applications all at once. However, I know I'll get through it and it will all be worth it when I get to walk down that stage and receive my diploma. It is now hitting me that sadly, I won't see most of my friends once we graduate. We are all going to move on and go onto to do better things. As a senior, I have to take advantage of doing everything one last time. Now, I am starting to understand what people meant when they said senior year goes by really fast. I know it is only the beginning of senior year, but soon it is going to be June and I am going to be left wondering where did the time go. I just have to focus on my grades and making as much memories as possible in this school with my friends one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment