Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Homecoming Parade

  Homecoming was amazing, but the preparation was difficult. As Group Commander of AFJROTC it was necessary to help cadets practice marching for the parade and making sure everything was planned out correctly. Talking about the schedule and logistics for the Homecoming Parade in Leadership class was also strenuous since we talked about it every day. The hardest part of preparing for Homecoming was finishing up the Lion King Float. The float was only 3/4 done and there was only one week left. People, such as myself had to have stay up all night the night before the Homecoming Parade in order to finish it up in the morning. The day of Homecoming was all about working together. People came to float, and it was all hands on deck. Although it was difficult, it was a chance to spend more time with my friends.
      Being awake for 30 hours definitely hit me in the morning but I knew the day has just started. After I did my part at float, I rushed to the school to meet up with the cadets. I got changed into my uniform quickly and led the cadets out to the football field. When we finally arrived at Sheldon Elementary School, elementary kids surrounded all of us asking for high fives and autographs. It was so fun seeing all the hyperactive energetic smiling little kids (little as in my size).
      Leading the cadets back to school and marching them in formation was the best part of the day. Calling out cadences was what really had the audience all excited. Once we arrived at the school, it was such a colorful sight: green, purple, pink and blue all in order by class. The volume of the audience raised once the cadets marched by and screamed out the cadence. Homecoming was such a fun tiring day. I would never miss a Homecoming Parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment