Tuesday, November 1, 2016

2016 Prompt and Leadership Reflection !

        Well, the beginning of block schedule had me a little slumped; having all the classes I dislike consecutively for 90 minutes had me fighting the urge to smash my face on a table repeatedly. I've adjusted pretty well to the new schedule and am now quite happy with the reduced homework load and more time to understand the material taught :-)
         Leadership has been a fresh experience for me. Float prep was stressful, but it was definitely good practice with cooperating and coordinating with others. Without leadership, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet some of the unique, positive, and supportive people that I'm friends with today. Some of the people I've met through leadership are honestly such precious humans that add some extra jazz to my life, it warms my heart knowing they exist and they deserve the best.
      There are a lot of people in leadership with a well-established sense of self; people that'll help expand and perhaps even change your perspective and values. The class dynamic in leadership is inviting and provides you with the opportunity to speak up and contribute; that is, if you're comfortable enough doing so. The upperclassmen are pretty kind to us freshmen, it made me really happy that some of the seniors were willing to help us with wrapping the streamers during homecoming rally! Props to them for helping us out, us freshmen were truly struggling :')
       Sometimes leadership (primarily communication) can be frustrating, but most of the students in leadership genuinely care about the well-being of other students and the overall school spirit. They try their best and it's clear from observing during class discussion that leadership has faith that De Anza can become an even more incredible school, with a bit of work put in. 

I hope you make today a great day! Spread a little love and light.
- Kaitlin Roth

No comments:

Post a Comment