Tuesday, November 1, 2016

     

                                                               All Worth It 



                                                       


Going into this school year I knew I wanted to be more involved in school in any way possible. I knew joining clubs and being in leadership would be the best way for me to actually enjoy involvement with school. It was already too late for me to join leadership until Sophomore President said they needed one more independent and chose me as the new sophomore independent. First rally somewhat consisted of me wanting to help with the games but was too shy because I had just joined like two days before. It was all a great first rally of the year and great first rally that I helped set up. As for club week, I'd say so much more people came out of their comfort zones and joined all types of clubs that nobody knew they'd ever join. There's also many new clubs this year too !

          Homecoming was full of stress and anxiety for all of leadership to be honest. For all who helped with float and weren't done, were the most stressed out of all of us. Homecoming seemed like it lasted forever due to the fact we had to change the date of the rally and parade because of the weather. Homecoming overall was all a success, which includes the dance, rally, and floats/parade. For the dance so much more people showed up than we expected and not all just from our school which was kind of surprising how much people from other schools there was. As for the parade, I can't really say because I took one for the team and stayed to set up the rally while most of leadership was helping with getting the float ready for the parade. The rally was a huge success, it looked like everyone had fun and in my opinion, this years rally was so much more organized and overall I guess "better" than last years. So yeah sure, homecoming can be stressful but it's been the best experience             I've had in leadership so far ! And it's only the beginning !
                                                   
                                                                                             


Leadership in general has been such a great experience. You get to meet new people and become friends with all the other genuinely good and kind people in leadership. You get to volunteer in so many events, so you're not only involved in school but you're involved with the city in general. I don't regret joining leadership one bit because I mean yeah it was kind of hard to balance leadership and your other classes during homecoming but once that's over I'd say joining leadership was the best decision I've made because of the people I've became friends with and how many different things you learn each day. It's just nice knowing people come to you when they have questions that involve school whether it's about upcoming events or where to find a teachers room. Leadership just genuinely keeps me positive and optimistic all the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment