Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Quarter 1 Reflection


   
    I think Club Week was a great way to get the word out about what clubs we have. I'm glad we changed it from Club Day to Club Week so that clubs have more space and time promote their club each day. Having all the clubs all outside on one day was a bit chaotic, so having different days definitely made the process more efficient. Prior to club week, I stepped out of my comfort zone a bit and announced it during the rally. Although only a few could actually hear what I said, I think I benefited from the experience greatly. I am typically not scared of talking in front of a crowd but the whole school was a bit nerve-racking. However, right after I was done, I realized it was not bad at all and I would definitely do it again.
  The Homecoming Parade went great! I marched with Gay Straight Alliance this year. I think it was so important for GSA to be represented because it is a very small club that many are not aware of on campus. I have heard "What's GSA?" "Do you have to be Gay to join?" "We have a GSA Club?" countless times this year. So I think that it was helpful for everyone to see us marching, cheering  and having fun. I hope that GSA continues to march each year after I graduate as well as participate in other school events/activities. I helped set up the rally last year so it was interesting to experience the rally from the opposite end.
   As a senior, I have been able to take on several leadership roles which have really improved my leadership skills. I am currently the ASB Club Director, President of GSA, Secretary of Interact, Student Secretary of PTSA, and President of Peer Drug Education. I love of the activities I am apart of and love being able to take charge and help them grow as much as possible.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment